Write to your councillor(s)
In April 2013 local authorities took responsibility for public health. This includes responsibility for improving awareness about hepatitis C and finding the tens of thousands of people who are living with the virus but are undiagnosed.
Please write to your local councillor(s) to let them know what hepatitis C is and that it is a critical but often overlooked area of public health which must be addressed.
It will only take a few minutes to write a letter and it will have a significant impact.
You can write to your councillor(s) by taking the following 3 easy steps:
- Find out the contact details for your local councillor(s) by typing in your postcode. The number of councillors that represent you depends on the size of the ward you live in - some have one, some have more than one.
- Download our ‘draft councillor letter’ at the bottom of the page.
- Personalise the letter by adding:
- Your name and address
- The name and address of your councillior
- Your personal experiences
Please let us know how you get on and send us a copy of your councillor’s response by email to email@example.com or send it to Aidan Rylatt, Policy and Parliamentary Adviser, The Hepatitis C Trust, 27 Crosby Row, London, SE1 3YD.
Thank you. Your action will make a real difference.